- macOS 10.10 or newer;
- Internet connection;
- 8 GB of free hard disk space.
- Use of passphrases instead of passwords in order to make archives harder to crack.
- 3 algorithms available: Blowfish, Twofish, AES/Rijndael.
- It applies a timestamp provided by public NTP servers to every archive.
- It can create self-locking or self-erasing archives.
- It can create unshareable archives.
- It can create archives that allow just one successful decryption.
- It can generate a QR-code that can be used to share the archive without telling the passphrase (or to decrypt the archive without entering the passphrase).
CZIP X for macOS costs just € 0,99 and it can be purchased through the Mac App Store.